The study of science involves complex scientific principles and the study of it will not come out easily if the strategies that mattered are not properly put in place.
Procrastination to the last hour will not help in the study of science. The following strategies will be of help:
- It is strategic if you read ahead of the class. Take note of everything that you found unclear in the text and sort that out with your tutor ahead of the class. When you are reading ahead of the class, focus on the summary part as well as the problems and question section at the end of the chapter.
- You are expected to take note of the details in each chapter and fashion out what they are contributing to the original text. What is the manner of the study support that is provided by the book? Take note of all these areas.
- To achieve the best understanding that will position you in good stead in the class, it is advised that you read each chapter more than once in other to get a proper understanding of the facts. Make out questions from the headings and subheadings and then test your comprehension of it by attempting the questions.
- You are going to come across sample problems and in some instances; they emphasize important concepts contained in the chapter. Do not make the mistake of ignoring them. Rather, get answers to each of them without referring to the text.
- Make effective use of formulae. You cannot do without them in science because they are important components of the problem-solving exercise in science. Fashion out ways of applying the formula to your experiences in practical life. Getting a theoretical meaning of the formula without practical application will not help you out. Ask questions bordering on the following areas for proper understanding:
- What can the formula be used to find?
- What is the formula saying about the system or process?
- Which system is the formula describing?
Make sure you get a perfect understanding of the text. It is not enough to check for errors or mistakes alone; make sure you understand the principles and concept as it is explained in the reading.
You are strongly advised to step up by drawing positives from science journals. The majority of students do not fancy this because of the involvement of tables; graphs and formulas that are found in the journal. The journals represent the gateway to understanding some of the concepts that you are going to come across in your original reading.
Facts that were not explained in the reading will be clearly explained in the journal. There is valuable information contained in the journal that will be of help to you in undertaking your coursework and you are going to get extra tips bothering on your health from these journals.
Studying science is not as difficult as most students make people believe. The seven tips above will solve the riddle associated with achieving the best results from undertaking a study in science.